Friday, January 26, 2007

Amelie

I should have watched this much earlier. I don't know why it took me so long before I'd come around and see this movie. You know, it's that procrastination thing. Everyone says you need to see it, you know it's going to be good, but that's where the problem lies. Oh, you'll say, I can watch it whenever I want. It's even on my mp3 player.


Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain could be my favorite movie ever. It's one of those movies that sort of shove a cute sense of happiness down your throat, and then make you chew. It's a little painful, a little cloying at first, but then you understand. You realize that oh, that's the way it should have been. Oh, so the cloying sweetness works. Oh, so that's why Audrey Tautou's the lead role.

Amelie, the character is just great, really. The first few minutes in, you automatically attach yourself to her persona. You'd want to meet her, even be the butt end of her ridiculous yet amusing schemes.
Amelie understands our little insanities and appreciates us for them.

Speaking of which, Audrey Tautou has also probably become one of my favorite actresses, if not my favorite. Nelly was right, it should have happened earlier but the only movies I had seen with her were frankly, disappointing. (
The Da Vinci Code, A Very Long Engagement.)

Amelie

Add to My Profile | More Videos

I just ruined the movie for you. :-)

So yeah, you could say I've had a good night. I'm dead tired from our jam today. It's been a while since we've had something that productive and that energy-draining. Tomorrow you can catch me before 11AM or after 4PM. I'm selling fruit at ACS and then going to the allergist again. :-(

Love,
- Mirko

No comments: