Friday, March 9, 2007

Zodiac

Ah, so many movies, little time. Well. In that case I'll stop posting about the movies themselves. Camille thought she wanted to see the 300, but we got to the theatre and it was (inevitably) sold out so we picked anything that might have been worth watching.

Zodiac. You know, the one that everyone hears about in movie theatre previews but no one actually
knows or wants to watch. It's sort of just...there. Well yeah, I figure I understand why no one's all that interested in it; the fun is in the thinking about the film itself.

It's a long film so, don't worry. You'll have time for your little contemplative muses and theories. At one point, I am convinced that the cop's wife is the killer. For no apparent reason; such an idea just happens to strike me. Because it's so surreal. It's also based on a true story. Real life is surreal. But if you don't see it for the funny plot and mediocre cinematography, you must see it for the acting. There won't be a single character you can possibly hate.

Guess this means I'll have to watch 300 another time.

____________


Goddamn all these dinner parties my parents are throwing; I didn't even realize they had this many friends. I mean; my dad's antisocial as hell and my mom spends her time trying to bake a better Pain de Campagne. Where'd they get these guys anyway? Yeah. Ah, one last night, another one today.
I need to get out of this house.

Oh, but I smell Thai food.

____________

Life tastes good.” —Coke
Or at least, it should. Antisociality for me has never quite come so often or without such reasoning.

My mother caught me sulking and she immediately launched into a 15 minute lecture about how she thinks that ACS is detrimental to my psychological health. She thinks that while the entire inclusion thing is great, you tend to rely on your friends too much. Well first of all, maybe that's what an ideal world should be more like, and second of all, fuck off and don't tell me how to live.

Please, dear god please don't tell me I'm emo. I heard a lot of that shit today (no names). No. I'm not fucking emo. I just happen to be a little antisocial right now.

No comments: