Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Speech vs Writing

I thought I'd do some extra pictures today. I'm testing out this whole 2GB memory card concept. Haha, this makes me think of the days when a gig was enormous storage space for a computer.

The visitors from Rochester totally swamped the school today. It's not easy to make a good impression on these people, since normal life for us is just so...free, when compared to a normal school. You can't not hack in the halls and go online at school meetings and take photos in Global Studies class. Denying all that is just a concept we've never even heard of.

I had a conversation today with Sasha and Mia about the way I write, and how radically different it is from the way I speak. Yeah, you can sort of tell who the writers are when you read their work, but it's not the same with speech. Sure, there are vocal timbres, but the words we choose in speech are more or less similar.

I proposed I do a blog entry in which my words mimic my speech as closely as possible. I'll do that some other day...

Mia and Sasha just left. So now I'm once again on the orange couch. Just doing my thing, trying to write but failing miserably, trying to do my homework but hopelessly distracted, trying to reach an instant messanging service but too tired to type that fast to that many people.

There's a man from me at my 11 o'clock, and he's staring intently at his computer with his trangular Sony headphones. His unshaven face is rocking back and forth to an inaudible beat and he seems focused on nothing other than his own work. Every now and then his nose twitches and he eats part of his cookie. Doesn't he ever bother to check out his world?

Also sitting across from me, across from the orange couch on the other wall is a girl with the kind of hair that is generally reserved for scenesters. But she doesn't present herself that way. They're black dreadlocks behind smooth hair and mahogany highlights, the colors my hair used to be back in 9th grade. She's wearing a black chemise and black trousers, and she'sreading a book while she plays with her hair. She's been smiling the whole time. It kind of makes me happy, even though I've--

Oh my god, Mirko. You're scaring yourself again. Please stop before you go crazy...this is dangerous for you.

I think I should go home soon. I'm getting sick of constantly relogging on. I'm gonna find someone with a cell phone now.

Love,

No comments: