Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Concert at LACS

So ASM was first period, which meant no one showed up.

I had an interesting experience today once I was settled in at Juna's Cafe. I had been talking with my friends online, watching people and sketching them, when I realized that I was being watched as intently as I was watching them. It's kind of an awkward feeling, but I know it was inevitable.

I got downtown at around 3:45, and by then it had already been getting dark. It was totally empty. Ever get that feeling that there's some big event that's going on and you don't know about it? Yeah. That's how it feels. Okay, maybe I just got here early. Oh finally. Hey Sam.

I finally understood why no one was there.

_________

So the LACS concert was tonight. I didn't realize it until it was already 5:30. It started at 6:30. I got a ride up to ACS and jammed with the rest of the bands for a bit. We were the third to last act, but I had been so fired up on coffee from Juna's that it hadn't worn off yet. Consequence: couldn't keep a real beat, forgot what songs were being played, and oh um yeah, forgot the other musicians' names.

But it was still pretty fun, I gotta say. Some of these people are going to go pro one day. I think ACS has a lot more talent than we're credited for; I don't think I credit the musicians enough for their work. At least 10% of the school performed that night. To imagine a public school where that sort of musical population exists...is beautiful.

Unfortunately, I was too busy being totally out of it, and als
o playing music, in order to take real photos. But I did ride Max's bike through the hallways. I doubt that Dave was very happy with it, but he didn't speak up.

So I said goodbye to my friends and left. When I got home, I had a message from Simon asking me if I was going anywhere over the break. I said yeah, Montreal. On Tuesday.

But wait. Oh shit. It's his birthday.

Shit!


No comments: